Monday, July 18, 2011

We Wouldn't Be A Proper Blog Without...

Jen and I are agreed, I think, when I say Neville was the best part about HP 7.2!

(I know every blog on the planet is posting about HP, but we wouldn't be a proper blog without one!)

At ILYBWHTSS (I Love You Because We Hate the Same Stuff) there are lots of things we love that make us love each other, too, and one of those things is Harry Potter. Jen is probably the biggest fan among us, but I would come in at a close second.

Being a literary major means I can appreciate the phenomenon that Harry Potter really was. It changed the reading world forever in a truly lovely and wonderful way.

So with the last and final movie coming out I wished I was back in Utah to share this momentous experience with Jen. But instead I saw it with my husband, whom I love dearly, but who has never read the books and I just don't think you can really appreciate the HP movies if you've never read the books. The scene when Harry collects Severus' tears, or the train station scene with Dumbledore, or when Doby dies and when Dumbledore dies (we all cried), or when Ron and Hermione finally acknowledge how they feel about each other; all of these things - I just don't think they mean as much if you haven't read the books.

So this is my tribute to the magical world of Harry Potter. While the release of the final movie is at some level sad and a little depressing, it's okay because I will always have the books. So I can visit the world of magic anytime, anywhere.

P.S. I secretly, or not so secretly, wish the world of Harry Potter was real and I could have gone to Hogwarts and learned all sorts of spells and magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment