Saturday, June 11, 2011

I Call You and You Text Back? WTF??

Something that really bugs me...when I call someone and they TEXT me back?? I take the time to call you and you can't even take the time to find my name in your phone and press 'call'? You don't even have to dial my freaking number! What is up with that?

And no, this situation does not apply to those times when you CAN'T call back, such as if you are in a movie, a meeting, somewhere loud, etc. Obviously there are times when you can't pick up your phone or call back, I understand. But when you are perfectly able to call me back and you're just too lazy? That's when I have a problem because frankly I'm too lazy to text. Texting takes FOREVER. And I can't drive and text. I can't clean, type or walk my puppy and text. Heck, I can't even walk myself and text! I called you for a reason, if I wanted to text I would have done it.

And the worst is when you get a text after you've called someone that says, "Did you call"? OBVIOUSLY I called you! That's why you had a missed call on your phone that had my name by it! Duh! There are such things as dumb questions.

Does this bother anyone else? If this bothers you, too feel free to leave a comment. If it doesn't and you want to defend yourself and your actions, go for it, but I may not be calling you anytime soon. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Bahahaha oh the debate of texting. How I enjoy these types of conversation... Texting makes people SO lazy, and YES, I have been guilty of WISHING I could just text a person vs calling them back. And NO, I have not ever done that to you Melissa, and now that I'm a little scared of you I don't think I ever will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you hear you don't do that to me! And I will say sometimes it is convenient to just text someone back, but still when it's someone you really know it's lame.

    ReplyDelete